HVAC Sales and Service Insurance

Whether you’re an HVAC contractor who’s just getting started in the business or a large, well-established company working in HVAC systems, Tomins is here to help you run your business better.

We take the headaches out of HVAC insurance with our convenient 24-hour online portal. You get time back to focus on what’s truly important — running and growing your business, whether today’s job is air conditioning or heating ventilation or anything in between. And unlike any other online HVAC insurance agency, Tomins is backed by the expertise and experience of Higginbotham.

Maybe more important to you, we understand the unique needs of the HVAC business and are ready to design a policy perfectly tailored for you. From basic business owners insurance to any of the more-specialized types of coverage your unique situation needs, Tomins has you covered.

You deserve an insurance partner that works as hard as you do. Tomins — the right insurance choice today.

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today

Do I Need HVAC Insurance?

Having the right insurance is one of the most important keys to success in today’s fast-paced business environment. That’s especially true for HVAC sales and service.

In addition to the daily job-related risks and legal liabilities that you’re certainly aware of, you may be surprised to learn about many other risks involved with running an HVAC business — risks that go far beyond those covered by a standard HVAC insurance policy.

From a flood at your office to your employees getting injured to having important documents and records damaged or lost, you need coverage from an insurance partner that knows your business like you do.

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today

What HVAC Insurance Coverages Do I Need?

At the very least, every company working on HVAC systems should carry a Business Owners Policy (BOP). Standard for any small business, a BPO works similar to a homeowners policy. It protects your business’s buildings, assets, and property.

For HVAC, a standard BOP consists of three basic coverages:

  1. HVAC Commercial Property Insurance: Commercial property insurance helps cover your business’s office, property, and assets (other than trucks and mobile equipment) against loss or damages. (If you need coverage for trucks or mobile equipment, you should also consider inland marine — or “floater” — coverage.)
  2. HVAC General Liability Insurance: This is one of the most common coverages in the small-business world, to help protect you against loss from risks including (but not limited to) lawsuits stemming from injuries or property damage.
  3. HVAC Business Income Insurance: This coverage helps protect your business from potential loss of income resulting from a covered insurance claim.

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today

Why You Need Tailored HVAC Insurance

Depending on the nature of your HVAC business and scope of work, you might also need additional coverages outside of your standard BOP coverage. Additional HVAC insurance coverages you may want to consider include:

  • Employment Practices Liability (EPLI): EPLI can protect your business against legal damages, court costs, and other expenses related to improper termination or hiring, sexual harassment, and workplace discrimination.
  • Workers’ Compensation Coverage: This is very important to consider if you hire employees. Workers’ comp coverage can protect your business against legal liability for workplace injuries, along with helping with the cost of wage replacement, medical bills, and other expenses related to an injured employee.
  • Commercial Umbrella: Extra coverage to protect your business beyond the general aggregate limits of your standard insurance coverage.
  • Cyber Liability Coverage: If you store sensitive photo or video files, or customer financial information, it may also be important to consider cyber liability insurance. Cyber liability insurance can help cover costs incurred from a cyber attack. For example, the costs of data loss and subsequent restoration, legal settlements, and extortion.

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today

If You Offer HVAC Consulting or Advice, You May Need Additional Coverage 

If you’re an HVAC technical or HVAC business owner who works in a consultative role, it would be wise to think about including Professional Liability Insurance PLI — more more commonly known as Errors and Omission (E&O) insurance.

Anytime someone is being paid to lend their expertise or consult, an E&O risk is possible. If you’re working on a project and are in charge of directing other HVAC technicians, it would be wise to add E&O coverage to your HVAC insurance policy.

Whether you give someone the wrong instructions, or a subordinate makes an error or is negligent in an HVAC installation, you could be held legally responsible for any damages that occur as a result.

Why You Need a Tailored HVAC Insurance Policy

In addition, Tomins HVAC Insurance offers fully customizable coverage for any individual situation. Our specialized HVAC Insurance policies can also include:

  • Limited Care, Custody, or Control Property Coverage
  • Important Record and Document Coverage
  • Employee Benefits Liability Coverage

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today

What Does HVAC Insurance Cost?

Depending on the size of your HVAC business, the cost for a standard Business Owners Policy (BOP) can range from around $350 for a single HVAC contractor to more than $10,000 for a large HVAC business.

If you think about the massive financial losses you could suffer from an uncovered incident, the cost of insurance premiums typically pale in comparison. While the cost of various HVAC insurance coverages can vary considerably, this table outlines some added coverage costs for a typical HVAC operation:

Insurance Type Average Cost
Commercial General Liability $500 to $700
Workers’ Compensation $1 to $2 per $100 in payroll
Commercial Property Insurance $750 to $1,000
Cyber Liability Insurance $1,000 to $7,500
Business Interruption Usually included in BOP
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) $1,200
Commercial Umbrella Insurance $400

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today

What Do I Need to Get an HVAC Insurance Quote?

At Tomins, we are in the business of making HVAC insurance easy. Start your free, personalized HVAC insurance quote now on our online quote page [LINK]. To make sure we can provide the most accurate and competitive quote possible, it helps to make sure you have the following information available when you apply:

  • Gross annual sales
  • Business address and Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Target effective date (date you want the policy to go into effect)
  • Current number of employees 
  • Other insurance you currently hold
  • Client data: volume, format, and storage method
  • Proof of professional licensing and related certifications
  • Brief description of your business operations
  • Any insurance claims in the last three years or more

Take the time to make sure all of this information is up to date and accurate. It’s the best way to ensure that we can provide you with the best quote possible.

Get a Quote Now Talk With Us Today